Fall 2023 Schedule of Classes and Registration Information
Posted in Student Communications
March 27, 2023
Fall 2023 Schedule of Classes
The Schedule of Classes is now available to you for planning for Fall 2023 registration. Please note that, effective Fall 2023, all courses have been renumbered using a new 4-digit numbering system. To identify new course number equivalents for previous courses, click here.
Fall 2023 classes begin Wednesday, August 23, 2023 for most main campus programs*. Classes will meet that day according to the normal Wednesday schedule. Some programs will have different class schedule start dates. Students in those programs have received appropriate information from their department regarding schedules, waitlists and add/drop.
Fall 2023 Registration Timeline
Registration dates and times are available on the Fall 2023 registration important dates webpage. Please review our website (new window) for useful training videos and documentation before your registration date.
Steps To Prepare for Registration:
- Know your registration date and time by reviewing the Fall 2023 registration important dates. Your registration date/time is designated by your future expected class year in the term for which you will be registering. (See the Prepare for Registration video.)
- Check MyAccess for any holds that will prevent you from registering before your scheduled day and time.
- Review the Schedule of Classes.
- Review your MyDegree audit to know what remaining requirements are still needed. Graduate programs and SCS students should consult their program advisors if they have questions.
- Contact your academic advisor for help in planning.
- Complete your Registration Action Items in MyAccess, including updating your local address, your Next of Kin and Emergency Contact information.
- Create a schedule that works for you by selecting your classes and preparing a list beforehand. Be sure to have alternate class options ready. You may choose to use the Plan Ahead feature in MyAccess. See the How to Use the Plan Ahead training video for more information on this functionality.
- Login to MyAccess and register at or after your scheduled time. The waitlist will run weekdays (excluding holidays) through August 30, 2023. Students awarded seats will have 23 hours to claim them.
- The waitlist will be purged on August 31* after 3 p.m. Students will have until the end of add/drop on September 1, 2023 to enroll in any available open seats provided you meet the prerequisites and restrictions.
The last day to add a class or drop full term classes without a grade of ‘W’ is Friday, September 1, 2023*. Refer to the academic calendar for additional dates by session/module and campus.
- If you don’t have your NetID and password, contact the UIS Help Desk at email@example.com.
- Check the Summary of Important Registration Dates at http://registrar.georgetown.edu/registration/registration-schedule.
- See the Schedule of Classes at https://schedule.georgetown.edu/ for class offerings, syllabi, and a list of required and recommended books.
- FAQs and additional registration instructions can be found on our website at (new window)https://registrar.georgetown.edu/registration-instructions.
*Students attending Georgetown in Qatar; last waitlist run will be Tuesday 22 August at 3PM EST; the last day for add/drop is Thursday 24 August; classes in Qatar start on Sunday 20 August. Please refer to the GU-Q Academic Calendar here.
Best wishes for a successful semester!
Associate Vice President and University Registrar