Military and Veterans’ Benefits

The Georgetown University School Certifying Officials are committed to providing our student veterans, military personnel, and military families with excellence in service through timely and accurate benefit processing and high-quality customer service.

How do I Start Using my VA Education Benefits ?

  • Apply for benefits at
  • Complete Benefits Request Form (BRF)
  • Send Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the School Certifying Official upon receipt from VA
  • Await payment from VA

Once we receive your COE, we will
create a file for you and provide information on next steps, Yellow Ribbon (if applicable), and other information related to your benefits.

When Emailing the School Certifying Official

Please be sure to include the following:

  • Your First and Last Name
  • Your GUID (9 digits & begins with 8)
  • Your program and the nature of your inquiry

Contact the School Certifying Official with any questions:
P: 202-687-2713

What Forms Do I Need to Complete?

Please complete the 2024 Fall Benefit Request Form (BRF*). Note: You must be logged into your Georgetown email and logged out of all other email accounts to access the BRF. The 2025 Spring BRF will be available in November.

*The BRF requests information that is used to complete the Enrollment Certification form submitted to the VA. Failure to complete this form will delay the processing of your claim.

School Certifying Official Contact Information

The OUR only submits VA certifications upon receipt of a BRF completed by the student. While late BRFs can be certified, it does not guarantee that your tuition will be fully covered or that late fees will be removed. Please be mindful of your funding caps as well as the BRF deadlines as listed at the top of the BRF form. For all questions related to VA eligibility and benefit claims, please reach out to the VA Education and Training helpline at 888-GI BILL 1 (888-442-4551) or submit a question via

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at