MyAccess Upgrade FAQs
- Why are we upgrading to Banner 9 Self-Service?
Banner 9 Self-services provides a modern digital experience with a redesigned user interface. It has the capabilities in accessing relevant information in an easy to navigate manner with both mobile and standard web enhancements. It will allow the Georgetown community greater access to relevant data and supports an improved overall user experience for students, faculty, advisors, and staff.
- How many users will be affected by this upgrade?
All students, faculty, and staff that utilize MyAccess to access student information will be using Banner 9 Self-Service.
- Will there be training on Banner 9 Self-Service?
Yes. There will be training materials and video tutorials available as new functionality is released. In addition, we will work with different offices who require specific training for the different functional areas across campus. There will also be Webinars offered for Students, Faculty and Staff starting in September and continuing through Registration for Spring 2023. More information to come.
- Will I use the same credentials to log into Banner 9 Self-Service?
Yes, you will use your netID and netID password.
- What is the preferred browser for using Banner 9?
Banner 9 Self-Service can be used with all browsers. Please ensure you are using the most updated version of that browser for optimal functionality. If you have any issues, clear your browser cache and cookies.
- When are we moving over to Banner 9 Self-Service in MyAccess?
The projected launch of Banner 9 Self-Service is September 10th, 2022.
- What if my bio information is incorrect?
Please contact email@example.com and let us know what data fields need to be updated. You may be asked to provide documentation in order for us to update information
- How many plans can I create?
Currently, you may create and save four plans.
- Can I use my plans to register?
Yes, when it is time for you to register, your plans from Plan Ahead can make this process quick and easy.
- Can I make notes in the planner?
Yes, select the folder icon to add notes for each class. The notes are visible to you and your advisor who is reviewing your plan.
- Does my status only affect this term only?
Registration holds affects all terms. Restrictions overrides only affects viewing terms.
- Where can I confirm my programs, if I’m enrolled in more than one program?
If you are enrolled in two programs, your Primary and Secondary Curriculum is viewable in the right hand section.
- If I click on add, does that mean I’m enrolled in the section?
No, you have to select the Submit button and then the section will appear “Registered” in the status column.
- How will I know if I was not registered after I click on submit?
An error message will appear indicating the reason your registration submission was not processed.
- Where can I download a PDF of my unofficial transcript?
Banner 9 does not produce PDFs of unofficial transcripts. If you need an actual transcript, you should click “Request a Printed Transcript” and submit your request through Parchment. You may request an electronic transcript or a paper transcript from Parchment. E-transcripts are typically delivered within 30 to 45 minutes.
- Am I able to print out my term schedules?
Yes, when viewing a term schedule, go to the top right corner and find the printer icon. Once you select that icon, it will allow you to print the term schedule you are currently viewing.
- Can I see the grade mode for a course?
Yes, in the Active Registration tab or under Schedule Details, you will see the grade mode indicated for each class.
- Do I enter information in “Last Attended Date” or “Hours Attended?”
While you may enter information in either of these fields, it is not required to successfully submit grades.
- What happens if I enter the wrong grade for a student?
You will be unable to make the change in MyAccess. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Advisor and Staff Questions
- Can I view the total max credit hours allowed for a student?
Yes, both the student and the advisor can view the student’s max hours in the bar below the registered course window on the Student Profile.
- Can I view more detail for each course the student is enrolled in?
Yes, you are able to select the course you wish to view and a pop up will appear with detailed information on the course selected.
- Can I view if my student has a hold?
Yes, you are able to determine if a student has a hold. In the top right hand corner of the student profile you will see a holds icon with a red cell.