Fall 2022 Welcome and Semester Information
Posted in Student Communications
August 24, 2022
Welcome home, Hoyas!
We are excited to begin the new academic year and would like to extend a special greeting to all who are new and returning to the Hilltop. The following information will help you navigate the first few days of the semester and provide you with important information to set you on a path to academic success.
- NetID: For help or questions about your NetID and password contact the UIS Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the UIS Service Desk (Make an appointment here) in the Leavey Center Bookstore.
- Course Registration: See all important registration dates here.
- Schedule of Classes: View the Schedule of Classes site for class offerings, syllabi and a list of required and recommended books.
- Course Materials: Information on required textbooks and recommended course materials are available through the “View Textbook” link on the Schedule of Classes website so students can make informed decisions about their courses. Once you are registered for a course, you have the option of ordering the books from the Bookstore through MyAccess.
- Withdrawal/Refunds: For withdrawal and refund information, visit the Withdrawal & Refund Schedule site.
FALL 2022 CLASSES BEGIN WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2022 AND WILL FOLLOW THE WEDNESDAY CLASS SCHEDULE.
|August 24 – 31
|Waitlist processed each weekday at 4 p.m.
|First day of classes; classes follow a Wednesday scheduleOngoing undergraduate student registration (Add/Drop period begins)
|Last day for waitlist; winner claims seat on September 1 by 4pm
|Online Add/Drop form closes at 5 p.m.; Add/Drop closes for all students at 11:59 p.m. in MyAccess
|Withdraw period for full session courses begins in MyAccess
|Classes follow Monday schedule
With confidence that this will be a rewarding year for all of us, I offer you my best wishes for an enjoyable, productive and successful experience at Georgetown!
Associate Vice President and University Registrar