The Office of the University Registrar houses the School Certifying Official (SCO) who certifies enrollment for students utilizing VA Education Benefits. The SCO will make every reasonable attempt to assist students with certification; however, please understand that we are not VA employees. It is the sole responsibility of the VA to determine an applicant’s eligibility for education assistance. We at the OUR look forward to assisting you with all your VA benefits related questions.

How do I get my VA Benefits Started?

  • Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill
  • Chapter 31 VocRehab
  • Chapter 35 DEA
  • Chapter 30 MGIB
  • Chapter 1606 SR

Using any of these VA Benefits? Email us:

Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill & Chapter 31 VocRehab

In your email to, please be sure to include the following:

  • Your First and Last Name
  • Your GUID (9 digits & begins with 8)
  • A copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) (GI Bill Only)
  • A copy of your 1905 Contract (VocRehab Only)

Once we receive your email, we will
create a file for you and provide information on next steps, Yellow Ribbon (if applicable), and other information related to your benefits.

What forms do I need to fill out?

Please complete the Benefits Request form (BRF*) every semester after you’ve enrolled in class. You must be logged into your Georgetown email to access the form.

*This form requests information that is used to complete the Enrollment Certification form supplied to the VA. Failure to complete this form will delay the processing of the student’s claim.

Contact Information

The OUR only submits VA certifications upon receipt of a BRF completed by the student. While late BRFs can be certified, it does not guarantee that your tuition will be fully covered or that late fees will be removed. Please be mindful of your funding caps as well as the BRF deadlines as listed at the top of the BRF form. For all questions related to VA eligibility and benefit claims, please reach out to the VA Education and Training helpline at 888-GI BILL 1 (888-442-4551) or submit a question via