Staff and Faculty MyAccess FAQs
MyAccess is a secure web application that is the student and faculty view into the student information system. Faculty can manage and view their student academic records. Students can view academic history, accounts, and financial aid information.
Use a modern web browser like Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to navigate to MyAccess, and log in with your SSO NetID and password.
Be aware that after 60 minutes of inactivity, the system will automatically log you out.
As with any system containing confidential data, the best practice is to always sign out after you have completed your task.
Contact Registrar’s office at email@example.com for help answering any questions you may have while using MyAccess.
- How do I access my advisees’ transcripts and degree audits?
Log into MyAccess
Selecting the “Faculty and Advisors” tab
Select “Advising Student Profile”
Click the “View My Advisee Listing ” link
Select the desired term.
This will display a list of all your advisees, and you can click select “View Profile” under the student’s name, select Unoffical Transcript or MyDegree under Additional Links to see the desired information.
Class Management Information
Log into MyAccess and select the Faculty and Advisors tab. Select “Class List” and select the term and course you wish to view. Your Class List will appear, as well as a Wait List tab which will be available if there is a wait list for the course.
Alternately, you can use MyAccess to e-mail individual students in your course from the class roster in MyAccess. To do this, log into MyAccess, select the Faculty and Advisors tab, select Class List, and then select the current term and desired class. This will display a summary of the students in your course. Click on the e-mail icon in the row of the student you would like to e-mail and a new message will be created in your default e-mail program.
You can use the following options to obtain a copy of your class roster:
Log into MyAccess and select the Faculty and Advisors tab. Select “Class List” and select the term and course you wish to view. Your Class List will appear, as well as a Wait List tab which will be available if there is a wait list for the course. There will be an option in the right hand corner of the screen to Export or Print your Class List.
Individuals in your department with access to Cognos can run a report to provide you with this information. Your department chair, administrator, or advisor should be able to tell you who in your department has access to Cognos.
For more detailed instructions please see Submitting Midterm Advisory Grades through MyAccess.
- Log into MyAccess. DUO is now required to access MyAccess. If you do not have DUO, please visit the Duo Two-Factor Authentication webpage for instructions. Please note that DUO does not always send the automatic notification to MyAccess. Once you have entered your login information on MyAccess, open the DUO app to approve the sign-in.
- Click the Faculty and Advisors tab.
- Click “Term Selection.” Select the appropriate term and click “Submit.”
- Click the appropriate grading period “Midterm Grades” or “Final Grades”. Select the desired course from the list.
- From the Grade drop down box, select the appropriate grade for each student.
- When all grades have been entered, click “Submit.”
- After you click “Submit”, please review the grades you have posted by going back to “Midterm Grades” or “Final Grades” (Repeat step number 4).
- Repeat this process for all sections taught.
- More detailed instructions are available by visiting:
*Note “Rolled” is indicated with a “Y” when the grades are posted on a student’s record. While the flag is “N” you may change the grades online. After we roll, you have to use the grade change process. We roll grades between 6:00 pm and midnight each night.
- Send grading comments to us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For now, no pop up will appear so you must remember to send notes as appropriate.
- Be sure to send a note with name, ID number, and grade for any student who attended the class but does not appear on the roster.
- You are not required to submit all grades at once, but you should submit one for each student by the deadline. You may record “NR” for any student for whom you are not able to submit a grade but please provide an explanation. We may change some of these to “F” (FA) according to University policy. We are required to record “F” (FA) for undergraduates and “NR” for graduates for whom you do not submit a grade and for whom the dean does not approve an exception. If you do not submit a roster, “NR” will be reported for all students.
- Valid grades appear in a pull-down box in the grade column.
Unfortunately, this functionality is not available. If you need help uploading your grades into MyAccess, please contact the University Registrar.