Class Management Information
Answers To FAQ's
Use either Internet Explorer or Firefox to navigate to MyAccess.georgetown.edu, and use your NetID and NetID password to log into MyAccess.
Be aware that after 30 minutes of inactivity, the system will automatically log you out.
As with any system containing confidential data, be sure to use the "Exit" feature on MyAccess to completely log out of the system after you have completed your tasks and close out of your web browser.
Your registrar's office can help answer questions you may have while using MyAccess.
- University Registrar: email@example.com, (202) 687-4020
- Office of the Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org, (202) 662-9220
During Pre-Registration you may review these documents through the Pre-Registration menu option. Log into MyAccess, click on "Advisor Menu," and then click on Advisor (Pre-Registration) Approvals to display all pending approval requests from your advisees. To review information on a particular student:
Click on the student's name for a detailed view of the advisee's requests
Click on the blue triangle to the left of a student's name to view a preview of that student's approval requests
- Click Transcript or Degree Audit under the Transcript/Degree Audit column to see desired information. The Degree Audit information will open in a new browser window. The Transcript information will be displayed in the current browser window. Click your back button after reviewing Transcript information to return to the display of all pending approval requests.
At any time you may obtain these documents by logging into MyAccess, selecting the Faculty Services tab, selecting Advisor Menu, selecting Advising List, and then selecting the desired term. This will display a list of all your advisees, and you can clickselect the Faculty Services tab, select Advisor Menu, Advising List, select View under the Transcript or Degree Audit column to see the desired information.
After reviewing your advisees' transcripts and degree audits you will complete the approval process in MyAccess.
To approve pre-registration requests, log into MyAccess, select the Faculty Services tab, select Advisor Menu, select Advisor (Pre-Registration) Approvals, and then search for advisees and approve requests as appropriate.
Log into MyAccess and select the Faculty Services tab. Select the "Waitlist Review" option at the bottom of the list, and you will be presented with a menu of the courses you are teaching this semester. Click on the course number under "section" for a listing of the students on the waitlist.
The quickest and easiest way to to e-mail your whole class, or a group of students in your class, all at once is through BlackBoard. The following instructions explain how to use the e-mail tool in the BlackBoard's course Control Panel to send an e-mail to your students:
- Log into Blackboard with your NetID and password
- Under the column heading "My Courses: Detailed View" there will be a list of courses you are teaching. Select the name of the course for which you want to e-mail your students.
- You will be brought to a new page that lists the name of your course at the very top. Look on the lower left hand side fo the screen under the "Tools" heading and click on Course Tools.
- From there, select "Send Email" and then choose which group you wish to e-mail (all students, select users, etc.) and click on the appropriate link.
- An e-mail form will open. If you chose to e-mail select users, click on the name of the person you wish to email and then click on the right arrow button to include him/her in the email. Repeat for additional users you want to receive the e-mail.
- Fill in the Subject and Message areas.
- Check "Return Receipt" if you want to send yourself a copy of the e-mail.
- Add any files you wish to attach.
- Click "Submit."
Alternately, you can use MyAccess to e-mail individual students in your course from the class roster in MyAccess. To do this, log into MyAccess, select the Faculty Services tab, select Summary Class List, and then select the current term and desired class. This will display a summary of the students in you rcourse. Clickon the e-mail icon in the row of the student you would like to e-mail and a new mesages will be created in your default e-mail program.
This functionality is still being developed for MyAccess. Until it's released, you can use the following options to obtain a copy of your class roster:
Log into MyAccess, and select the Faculty Services tab. Select the Summary Class List option and you will be presented with a listing of all the students in your course. You can highlight the entire screen and copy the information into an Excel spreadsheet for further use.
Individuals in your department with access to Cognos can run a report to provide you with this information. Your department chair, advisor, or DTR should be able to tell you who in your department has access to Cognos.
- Contact the Registrar's Office and ask them to create an electronic copy of your class roster.
This functionality is not available in MyAccess.
To report grades, log into MyAccess, select the Faculty Services tab, and then select Summary Class Lists. This will present you with your class rosters. Clicking on a class name will present you with a summary class listing, including students' classifications. Please submit grades for each undergraduate first year student by selecting Enter under the Midterm column heading.
To report grades, log into MyAccess, select the Faculty Services tab, and then select Summary Class Lists. This will present you with your class rosters. Clicking on a class name will present you with a summary class listing, including students' classifications. Please submit grades for each student by selecting Enter under the Final column heading.
Unfortunately this functionality is not available. If you need help uploading your grades into MyAccess please contact the University Registrar.
MyAccess is a secure web application that is the student and faculty view into the new student information system. Over time, MyAccess will replace Faculty Access+ and will allow you to view your class and advisee lists, as well as post grades.
Employee Access+ is not affected by this transition, so you will continue to go there to complete HR associated tasks.
Faculty Access+ (and the underlying SIS+) will no longer be supported by the vendor after 2011. In response, Georgetown University replaced Faculty Access+ and SIS+ with a new system (MyAccess / Banner) that provides stable support for managing student academic information throughout the University for years to come.
MyAccess is the name Georgetown gave to the web interface of Banner software. Banner is used extensively in higher education at schools such as Yale, Brown, Notre Dame, and the George Washington University.