Fall 2023 University Registrar Welcome and Registration Update
Posted in Student Communications
August 18th, 2023
Welcome home, Hoyas!
We are excited to begin the new academic year and would like to extend a special greeting to all who are new and returning to the Hilltop. The details provided below are designed to assist you in navigating the initial days of the semester and furnish you with important registration information and resources to guide you towards a successful academic journey.
- NetID: For help or questions about your NetID and password contact the UIS Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the UIS Service Desk (Make an appointment here) in the Leavey Center Bookstore.
- Course Registration: Our website includes all important registration dates (new window).
- Schedule of Classes: View the Schedule of Classes site for class offerings, syllabi and a list of required and recommended books.
- Course Materials: Information on required textbooks and recommended course materials are available through the “View Textbook” link on the Schedule of Classes website so students can make informed decisions about their courses. Once you are registered for a course, you have the option of ordering the books from the Bookstore through MyAccess.
- Withdrawal/Refunds: For withdrawal and refund information, visit the Withdrawal & Refund Schedule site.
- Accessibility Resources: Visit the Accessibility at Georgetown website to learn about the resources available to students that help make our classrooms, campus and the student experience more inclusive and accessible. For example, Georgetown has updated the institutional default setting for Zoom to allow community members to more easily enable automated captions. The Zoom automated captions page includes instruction and more information.
FALL 2023 CLASSES BEGIN WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 23, 2023.
|First day of classes;
Ongoing undergraduate student registration (Add/Drop period begins)
|Last day for waitlist; winner claims seat on August 31 by 3pm
|Add/Drop ends; Last Day to Drop Without the Grade of W
|Withdrawal period for full session courses begins in MyAccess
|Classes follow Monday schedule
With confidence that this will be a rewarding year for all of us, I offer you my best wishes for a wonderful, purposeful, and successful experience at Georgetown!
Associate Vice President and University Registrar