Banner 9 Self-Service
Welcome to the Banner 9 Self-Service Implementation Page
Georgetown University deployed Banner 9 in 2019 for back-end administrative services and OUR is now moving to implement Banner 9 Self-Service for MyAccess. Banner 9 Self-Service will provide a modern interface with updated functionality and mobile-friendly interface which will increase flexibility, and provide a more streamlined design.
Benefits of Banner 9 Self-Service
Advising Student Profile consolidates a student’s profile, education, and career path on a single page. It is newly accessible to advisors and students, allowing for truly personalized advice that helps students make better academic decisions.
Self-Service includes Class Roster and View Grades functionalities:
- Class Roster lets faculty members review their students’ academic profiles and schedules, communicate with students over email, print class rosters, and more.
- View Grades lets faculty members, students, and their advisors view a student’s academic progress.
Faculty Grade Entry offers faculty members mobile capability for entering assignment grades and posting midterm and final grades. The application can then automatically compute a final grade. To make things even easier, faculty members can also import grades directly from their existing spreadsheets or their learning management system.
Banner® Registration has been updated with intuitive registration tools and a mobile-friendly design to make it easier than ever for students, advisors, and administrators to use. It now includes seamless integration with Ellucian Degree Works™, advisor access, and registration planning via Student Education Planner. These new features include:
- Giving advisors the tools they need to help students plan for success;
- Using the planner provides demand-analysis reports to more accurately project course demand;
- Delivering global capabilities that allow all Banner Student customers to plan for and track program completion.
Updated Accessibility Compliance: “Ellucian has adopted the accessibility standards and guidelines defined by the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG), at the AA conformance level. We use the industry accepted VPAT version 2.3 to document and communicate a product’s conformance with WCAG 2.1. Most VPATs are updated annually, and some more frequently, for example, when major user interface changes occur. Recent versions of Ellucian products have adopted the VPAT 2.3.” ~ Ellucian Design Systems webpage.
Project Timeline Highlights
Banner 9 Self-Service Communications
The Office of the University Registrar is meeting with the campus community to inform them of the Banner Self -Service updates and timeline.
- Council of Deans – March 28
- Student Affairs and Partner Directors – April 21
- Main Campus Executive Faculty – April 22
- In-person workshops for EPWG deans and advisors – April 28 and May 4
- Provost’s Student Advisory Group – April 27
- Student academic councils at Main Campus schools – April and May 2022
- Training materials and videos for faculty, students and staff – Late August 2022
- Projected Go Live Date: September 10, 2022
Training and Documentation
Throughout the project as new modules and processes are upgraded, additional documentation will be provided in this section:
All guides provided are working documents and will be periodically updated as we continue through the implementation.
- Why are we upgrading to Banner 9 Self-Service?
Banner 9 Self-services provides a modern digital experience with a redesigned user interface. It has the capabilities in accessing relevant information in an easy to navigate manner with both mobile and standard web enhancements. It will allow the Georgetown community greater access to relevant data and supports an improved overall user experience for students, faculty, advisors, and staff.
- How many users will be affected by this upgrade?
All students, faculty, and staff that utilize MyAccess to access student information will be using Banner 9 Self-Service.
- Will there be training on Banner 9 Self-Service?
Yes. There will be training materials and video tutorials available as new functionality is released. In addition, we will work with different offices who require specific training for the different functional areas across campus.
- Will I use the same credentials to log into Banner 9 Self-Service?
Yes, you will use your netID and netID password.
- What is the preferred browser for using Banner 9?
Banner 9 Self-Service can be used with all browsers.
- When are we moving over to Banner 9 Self-Service in MyAccess?
The University will launch Banner 9 Self-Service on September 10th, 2022.