Summer 2021 University Registrar Welcome
Posted in Student Communications
May 25, 2021
As we begin the summer sessions at Georgetown, I’d like to send a warm welcome on behalf of the University Registrar’s office. I would like to share the following information that will help navigate the first few days of the semester and put you all on the path to success.
For students enrolled this summer, it is important you pay close attention to the particular session you are attending as the dates for each session are different as are the deadlines. Please refer to the 2021 Summer Sessions Academic Calendar for more information.
*GU-Q, SCS, MSB – Some executive, MBA and non-traditional program classes, will have different start dates. Students in those programs have received appropriate information from their department regarding schedules, waitlists and add/drop.
We recommend checking your course’s modality in MyAccess “Student Schedule” and keeping an eye on your Georgetown email inbox over the coming weeks for any updates or changes to modality based on evolving health and safety conditions.
If you have concerns about your summer schedule, please reach out to your advising dean for advice on how to proceed. If you have general questions about Georgetown Summer Sessions, please email the Summer Sessions team at email@example.com.
Safety Protocols and Procedures
Access to academic buildings requires a green badge in GU360. Physical distancing in the classrooms is in effect throughout the summer. All students should be seated at least 6ft apart and all are required to wear face masks covering both mouth and nose. For more information regarding building access and COVID testing protocols visit the Coronavirus (COVID19) Resource Center.
We will not require students to be vaccinated until the beginning of the Fall 2021 semester. However, we strongly encourage all students to get vaccinated as soon as possible to protect themselves and others. If you have already been vaccinated, please submit documentation of your COVID-19 vaccination through the GU360 mobile app or GU360 website. Please follow these instructions to submit your documentation.
If you have any questions, please contact the appropriate resource below.
- One Medical: 1-888-ONEMED1 (1-888-663-6331) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- GU360 App: Georgetown’s COVID-19 Helpline at 202-784-3510 (9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET Monday-Friday) or email email@example.com
- Public Health Protocols: Georgetown’s Care Navigator Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The grading policy for undergraduates will mirror the policy from the Spring Semester. Each session will have the grading option and withdrawal deadline on the last day of class for that module. As in the Fall Semester, graduate programs will be able to opt in to a similar grading system. For details, please review our website.
The global crisis and its effects on our community are evolving on a daily basis, demanding new forms of collaboration and support for one another. We affirm our collective responsibility to ensure equitable access to our academic programs. Access challenges affect a broad swath of our community and range from the need for new or different academic accommodations for students with disabilities and learning differences, to disparities in access to technology, to new responsibilities for dependent care. Guided by the principles of Universal Design for Learning, we have created a host of accessibility-related resources that are available to both faculty and students, including the CNDLS Guidebook on Accommodations and Accessibility, a comprehensive guide to accessible course design with practical instructions, recorded webinars and suggestions for further reading, and an Accessibility Resources for Students page linked to all Canvas course sites. For additional assistance, students can contact the Academic Resource Center or check in with faculty about their changing access needs.
- Academic Calendars | University Registrar | Georgetown University
- Registration Dates | University Registrar | Georgetown University
- Summer Hilltop Immersion Program – SHIP FAQs
- Georgetown Schedule of Classes for class offerings, descriptions and syllabi as well as the list of required and recommended books.
- For help or questions about your NetID and password, contact the UIS Help Desk at email@example.com.
- Once you are registered for a course, you have the option of ordering your textbooks from the bookstore through MyAccess. We recommend you check the class syllabus before making a final purchase decision; in some cases, alternate versions of required or recommended texts may be acceptable for your classes. We also urge you to consider textbook rental and book buy-back programs as appropriate.
Please refer to the Summer 2021 FAQ page, which will be regularly updated to include answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the University’s Summer 2021 plans.
I offer you my best wishes for an enjoyable and successful experience at Georgetown!
Associate Vice President and University Registrar