Spring 2021 Schedule of Classes and Updated Registration Information
Posted in Student Communications
October 26, 2020
Dear Georgetown Student,
Thank you for your patience, support and commitment as we continue to navigate these challenging times. While we continue to respond to today’s evolving public health crisis with empathy and care, we can and must plan for the future with resolve and determination. I am writing to you today with important information and updates to the Spring 2021 registration dates.
The Schedule of Classes is now available to plan for Spring 2021 registration, which begins in November. As we shared last week, Main Campus course registration will now begin November 16 for graduate students and November 30 for undergraduate students. This adjustment allows additional time for students to plan their Spring semester courses based on the expected announcement of the University’s plans by November 16.
How to Prepare for Registration
- Know your registration date and time by reviewing the Spring 2021 registration dates. Remember these times are listed in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) so if you are registering from a different time zone be sure to account for that.
- Check MyAccess for any holds that will prevent you from registering before your scheduled day and time.
- Review the Schedule of Classes.
- Review your MyDegree audit to know what remaining requirements are still needed. Graduate programs and SCS students should consult their program advisors if they have questions.
- Contact your academic advisor for help in planning.
- Create a schedule that works for you.
- Log into MyAccess and register at or after your scheduled time.
- The waitlist will run each weekday (excluding holidays) at 3 p.m. ET as seats become available through add/drop. Students awarded seats will have 24 hours to claim them.
Refer to the academic calendar for additional dates by session/module and campus.
- If you don’t have your NetID and password contact the UIS Help Desk.
- Check the Summary of Registration Dates.
- See the Schedule of Classes for class offerings, syllabi and a list of required and recommended books.
- FAQs and additional registration instructions can be found on the Registrar’s website.
*Students attending Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q): Please refer to the GU-Q Academic Calendar for more information.
Best wishes for a healthy and successful semester!
Associate Vice President and University Registrar