Fall 2021 University Registrar Welcome and Registration Update
Posted in Student Communications
August 24th, 2021
Good Afternoon HOYAs!
Welcome to the Hilltop! This Fall we will be starting a new academic year together with much excitement to be back on campus. Faculty have been preparing all summer to deliver engaging and exciting learning experiences. The approved academic calendar can be found on the Registrar’s website. The following information will help you through the first portion of the semester and put you on the path to success.
|Wed. Aug. 25
|First day of classes; follows a Monday schedule
|Tues. Aug. 31
|Last day for waitlist; winner claims seat on Wednesday, Sept. 1
|Waitlist ends at 3pm; Remaining Open seats available to add in MyAccess
|Fri. Sept. 3
|Last day to add or drop a course.
The online Undergraduate Add/Drop form closes at 5 p.m. EDT
Registration closes for all students at 11:59 p.m. EDT in MyAccess
|Mon. Sept 6
|Labor day – University is closed/No Classes Scheduled
|Mon. Oct. 11
|Mid-Semester Holiday – University is closed/No Classes Scheduled
GU-Q, SCS, MBA classes and some executive and non-traditional programs, will have different start dates. Students in those programs should have received appropriate information from their department regarding the schedules, waitlists and add/drop deadlines.
Academic policies will be returning to pre-COVID-19 status, effective as of the first day of classes for Fall 2021. The flexible grading option of S/CR/NC introduced during the beginning of the pandemic will no longer be in use during the upcoming academic year.
Current academic policies can be found in the Undergraduate and Graduate Bulletins and SCS Handbook. Deadline dates such as the last day to withdraw and refund schedules can be found on the registrar’s website.
- Academic Calendars | University Registrar | Georgetown University
- Registration Dates | University Registrar | Georgetown University
- Tuition Refund Schedule
- See the Georgetown Schedule of Classes for class offerings, descriptions and syllabi as well as the list of required and recommended books.
- For help or questions about your NetID and password, contact the UIS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you are registered for a course, you have the option of ordering the books from the Bookstore through MyAccess. It is recommended you check the class syllabus before making a final purchase decision; in some cases, alternate versions of required or recommended texts may be acceptable for your classes. We also urge you to consider textbook rental and book buy-back programs as appropriate.
The waitlist will run each weekday at 3 p.m. until August 31. Winners will receive an email from the University Registrar with instructions on how to claim their seat through MyAccess within 24 hours. After 24 hours, unclaimed seats will be awarded to the next student on the waitlist. Please be sure to drop from the waitlist any class you no longer want, so others will be considered in the waitlist process.
After 3pm on September 1, when the waitlist closes, all students will be dropped from the waitlists. Remaining open seats will be available to all students regardless of whether or not they were previously waitlisted. Through the last day to add, Friday September 3, students will be able to enroll directly into courses with open seats via MyAccess provided that they meet the course prerequisites and restrictions.
For more information, see our waitlist instructions.
Please refer to the COVID-19 FAQ page, which will be regularly updated to include answers to the most frequently asked questions.
With confidence that this will be another exciting and rewarding year for all of us, I offer you my best wishes for an enjoyable and successful experience at Georgetown!
Associate Vice President and University Registrar