Fall 2020 Schedule of Classes and Registration Information
Posted in Student Communications
March 23, 2020
Dear Georgetown Student,
Thank you for your patience, support and commitment to your studies as our community transitioned to a virtual learning environment last week. We know the transition has been challenging, and we value your ongoing feedback as we tackle this unprecedented challenge together. While we continue to respond to today’s evolving public health crisis with empathy and care, we can and must plan for the future with resolve and determination.
The Schedule of Classes is now available to plan for Fall 2020 registration, which begins in April.
How to Prepare for Registration
- Know your registration date and time by reviewing the Fall 2020 registration important dates. Remember these times are listed in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) so if you are registering from a different time zone be sure to account for that. Your registration date/time is designated by your future expected class year in the term for which you will be registering
- Check MyAccess for any holds that will prevent you from registering before your scheduled day and time.
- Review the Schedule of Classes.
- Review your MyDegree audit to know what remaining requirements are still needed. Graduate programs and SCS students should consult their program advisors if they have questions.
- Contact your academic advisor for help in planning.
- Create a schedule that works for you.
- Select your classes and prepare a list beforehand.
- Have alternate class options ready.
- Log in to MyAccess and register at or after your scheduled time.
- Waitlist will run each weekday (excluding holidays) at 3 p.m. EDT as seats become available through add/drop. Students awarded seats will have 24 hours to claim them.
The last day to add a class or drop Fall 2020 full term classes without a grade of ‘W’ is Friday, September 4, 2020*. Refer to the academic calendar for additional dates by session/module and campus.
- If you don’t have your NetID and password contact the UIS Help Desk.
- Check the Summary of Important Registration Dates.
- See the Schedule of Classes for class offerings, syllabi and a list of required and recommended books.
- FAQs and additional registration instructions can be found on the Registrar’s website.
FALL 2020 CLASSES BEGIN WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26, 2020*. CLASSES WILL MEET THAT DAY ACCORDING TO A MONDAY SCHEDULE.
*Students attending Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q): last waitlist run will be Wednesday 26 August at 3 p.m. EDT; the last day for add/drop is Thursday 27 August; classes in Qatar start on Sunday 23 August. Please refer to the GU-Q Academic Calendar.
Best wishes for a healthy and successful semester!
Associate Vice President and University Registrar