Summer 2022 OUR Welcome!
Posted in Faculty Communications
June 10, 2022
Welcome to the 2022 Summer Sessions!
Here are some administrative and safety guidelines to help you through this summer:
Class rosters are available through MyAccess. Students may register for each session based on the academic calendar here. After the last day to add a class, please refer any student whose name does not appear on your class roster to notify the registrar’s office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please report any discrepancy with your name, course number, title, grade mode and credits of your course by email to email@example.com.
Starting in Summer 2022, the Office of Assessments and Decision Support (OADS) will oversee the administration of Course Evaluations for GU-Main Campus except those in the two professional schools (Medicine and Law), who run their own systems. The CoursEval System will sunset on Wednesday August 31, 2022.
Visit OADS Course Evaluations Website for more information here.
For specific questions about the new system: Blue, and the course evaluation process in general, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope you find the following information useful.
Orientation on the use of educational technology in classrooms may be requested two to three days in advance of your first class with Classroom Educational Technology Services (CETS) by phone call (202) 687-7491, online, or in person in ICC 121. Faculty teaching in classrooms at other campus locations (i.e. downtown) should contact their program staff about any classroom technology needs.
Facilities Service Requests:
- To report A/C issues and other facilities maintenance requests please refer to Planning and Facilities Management
- For Emergency Service Requests, dial (202) 687-3432 to report to the Work Management Center
Safety Protocols and Procedures:
Evacuation instructions (in case of fire) are posted in classrooms and auditoria. Please bring this to the attention of the students. Please understand your responsibilities in case of an emergency that would require either a building evacuation or sheltering-in-place response. These responsibilities were agreed upon by the Main Campus Executive Faculty several years ago.
During a fire alarm activation or other emergency requiring a building evacuation:
- Direct your class to leave the building immediately through the nearest EXIT.
- Lead your students to a designated assembly area.
- Do not re-enter the building under any circumstance until an “All Clear” is given.
During an emergency requiring you and your class to shelter-in-place:
- Remain in your classroom or, if it has exterior doors or windows, follow directions to move your class to an interior room .
- Remain alert for further instructions and updates from HOYAlert.
- Remain with your class until relieved by a campus police officer or, if available, a volunteer Building or Floor Marshal, or an “All Clear” is given via HOYAlert.
- Close and lock all doors and windows to the outside if possible.
Many of our Main Campus classrooms have special safety intrusion locks.
- To engage the lock, push the red button located under the door handle on the classroom side of the lock.
- To disengage the lock, push down on the door handle, as if you were exiting the classroom. This action automatically disengages the lock’s deadbolt so you can freely exit the classroom.
- A red indicator on the classroom side of the lock appears whenever the lock is engaged in the locked position.
- Please refer to this short tutorial on how to operate the lock.
- If a lock is not working as expected please report it to Facilities immediately.
- In the unlikely situation where a classroom is locked upon arrival, please inform faculty and staff they may contact Classroom Education Technology Services (CETS), Facilities Management, Georgetown University Police Department, or the University Registrar’s Office Scheduling Team to unlock the door.
Wishing you a successful, safe and pleasant summer session!
Associate Vice President and University Registrar