2021 Summer Sessions Welcome
Posted in Faculty Communications
May 25, 2021
Welcome to the 2021 Summer Sessions!
Here are some administrative and safety guidelines to help you through this summer:
Class rosters are available through MyAccess. Students may register for each session based on the academic calendar here. After the last day to add a class, please refer any student whose name does not appear on your class roster to notify the registrar’s office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please report any discrepancy with your name, course number, title, grade mode and credits of your course by email to email@example.com.
For information about course evaluation processes and policies, visit the Registrar’s website.
Please be advised that the default window for the electronic evaluations is three days before through three days after your course end date. Custom windows are set up using CoursEval.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many, not all, classes will be returning to the Hilltop this summer with in-person instruction. For those returning, welcome back! I hope you find the following information useful.
Orientation on the use of educational technology in classrooms may be requested two to three days in advance of your first class with Classroom Educational Technology Services (CETS) by phone call (202) 687-7491, online, or in person in ICC 121. Faculty teaching in classrooms at other campus locations (i.e. downtown) should contact their program staff about any classroom technology needs.
Facilities Service Requests:
- To report A/C issues, disinfectant supply refill and other facilities maintenance requests please refer to Planning and Facilities Management
- For Emergency Service Requests, dial (202) 687-3432 to report to the Work Management Center
Safety Protocols and Procedures
Access to academic buildings requires a green badge in GU360. Physical distancing in the classrooms is in effect throughout the summer. All students should be seated at least 6ft apart and all are required to wear face masks covering both mouth and nose. For more information regarding building access and COVID testing protocols visit the Coronavirus (COVID19) Resource Center.
If you have any questions, please contact the appropriate resource below.
- One Medical: 1-888-ONEMED1 (1-888-663-6331) or email@example.com
- GU360 App: Georgetown’s COVID-19 Helpline at 202-784-3510 (9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET Monday-Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Health Protocols: Georgetown’s Care Navigator Team at email@example.com
Evacuation instructions (in case of fire) are posted in classrooms and auditoria. Please bring this to the attention of the students. Please understand your responsibilities in case of an emergency that would require either a building evacuation or sheltering-in-place response. These responsibilities were agreed upon by the Main Campus Executive Faculty several years ago.
During a fire alarm activation or other emergency requiring a building evacuation:
- Direct your class to leave the building immediately through the nearest EXIT.
- Lead your students to a designated assembly area.
- Do not re-enter the building under any circumstance until an “All Clear” is given.
During an emergency requiring you and your class to shelter-in-place:
- Remain in your classroom or, if it has exterior doors or windows, follow directions to move your class to an interior room .
- Remain alert for further instructions and updates from HOYAlert.
- Remain with your class until relieved by a campus police officer or, if available, a volunteer Building or Floor Marshal, or an “All Clear” is given via HOYAlert.
- Close and lock all doors and windows to the outside if possible.
Many of our Main Campus classrooms have special safety intrusion locks.
- To engage the lock, push the red button located under the door handle on the classroom side of the lock.
- To disengage the lock, push down on the door handle, as if you were exiting the classroom. This action automatically disengages the lock’s deadbolt so you can freely exit the classroom.
- A red indicator on the classroom side of the lock appears whenever the lock is engaged in the locked position.
- If a lock is not working as expected please report it to Facilities immediately. firstname.lastname@example.org In the unlikely situation where a classroom is locked upon arrival, please inform faculty and staff they may contact Classroom Education Technology Services (CETS), Facilities Management, Georgetown University Police Department, or the University Registrar’s Office Scheduling Team to unlock the door.
- Please refer to this short tutorial on how to operate the lock.
Wishing you a successful, safe and pleasant summer session!
Associate Vice President and University Registrar