Official Transcripts (with a Georgetown University seal and signature of the University Registrar) can be requested --
- To pick up a transcript, enter your first and last name in the "Issue to" field and nothing else. Do not enter a phone number.
- If mailing in the United States, do not enter a nation code or international access number. Transcripts are mailed via USPS First Class.
- Mail or fax (202-687-3608) by completing a signed Transcript Request Form
- In person at the Office of the University Registrar
Please provide complete information to facilitate accurate processing of transcript requests:
- Former students and alumni must provide full name while attending Georgetown
- GU ID#
- Academic program and years of attendance or graduation
- Complete mailing address (including Georgetown office address)
Third parties (employers, government agencies) requesting transcripts must present a signed release for educational records from the student per FERPA guidelines.
Where to Request Other Official Transcripts:
- Law Center and Medical Center students -- from their respective Registrar.
- School of Foreign Service in Qatar students -- from the Academic Recorder's office in Doha.
- Washington DC Consortium students -- from their home schools.
Official Transcripts issued with a Georgetown Seal and the signature of the University Registrar are processed within two business days after receipt by the Office of the University Registrar
Unofficial transcripts (current or previous) are available online from MyAccess:
- Use NetID and password to log in and print your student record.
- For those who graduated after 1979, if you never had a NetID, please contact the Alumni Records Office at 202-687-1994 for a registration number to create a NetID and password.
Note: Alum/na who reset their NetID password online using a hint question will also need to complete and fax this form to 202-687-1162 before using MyAccess.
Conditions for Issuance of Transcripts
The University issues a transcript which reflects the complete student record.
- All financial obligations to the University must be settled.
- Transcripts will only be made available by pick-up (with picture ID) or mail. Transcripts may not be faxed.
Transcripts are available year-round except for current students at the end of the semester during grade processing. During peak periods, the Office of the University Registrar will not process more than twenty transcripts per student, per day to be able to serve as many students as possible. Students can expedite the process of sending to multi-addresses by providing pre-printed address labels.