Name/ID Changes

Through the Student Information System, the University Registrar maintains billing, grading, home, local, next-of-kin, and permanent addresses as well as other contact information such as phone numbers and email addresses. For students who matriculated from 1979-present, this personal data may be updated online through MyAccess. Current students may login using their NetID and password; previous students must activate their MyAccess credentials by requesting access through the Office of Alumni Relations. Since MyAccess services are dynamic, changes made to your contact information will be reflected immediately.

The University Registrar also maintains personal information such as official names,NetIDs, GOCard numbers, and student ID numbers. Since this information is linked to official transcripts and financial records, only official requests including proper documentation and original signatures from current students will be honored. Please use the Bio and ID Change Form to update your personal information and allow up to one week for your personal information to be updated.

Consortium students must contact their home institution for all biographic changes.

Occasionally, student records are duplicated (common for international students who request US-based loans) or created with dissimilar information from hiring documents (common for international graduate students who teach). If a student has two student records, an ID consolidation may be necessary. Please contact if you think you have two NetIDs. Depending on the complexity of the merge, your consolidation may take up to two weeks.  You can go to this website for more information.

Chosen Name Policy