How do I request a classroom?
Please visit: https://eventspace.georgetown.edu/VirtualEMS/
Login using your Georgetown email address and password
- Select “Create a Reservation”
- Choose “Book Now” for “Classroom Request Main Campus Deans & Admins”
- Enter a Date, select “Recurrence” if it is a recurring event request
- Enter a Start Time and End Time
- Select “Search” to view all available classrooms
- You may narrow your search by selecting “Add/Remove” Locations and choosing a specific building
- You may also enter the Number of People attending under “Let Me Search For A Room/ Space”
- A grid with classrooms will be listed. Blue blocks indicate that a classroom is already reserved. Look between the red lines to see which classrooms are free during your specified time frame. A white space in between the red lines shows that a classroom is tentatively available. Please note that classrooms may appear to be free when in fact they are already reserved.
- Click on the room number to view information about the classroom
- Click on the “+” to choose the room
- Enter the Number of Attendees
- Setup Type can remain as “Academic Setup”
- Once you see a room that you would like, select “Add Room/ Space”
- Go to Next Step in top right hand corner for Reservation Details
Enter all fields noted by an asterisk and any additional information that you would like us to have. This includes:
- Event Name
- Event Type
- 1st Contact Name
- 1st Contact Email Address
- Estimated Attendance
- Event description
Select “Create Reservation” when you are completed. You will receive a confirmation email when your reservation is approved.
Please note, classrooms are not available during University Holidays
Unfortunately dancing is not allowed in classrooms. Possible options are Healey Family Student Center or Residence Hall Lounges.
Food and drink are not allowed in classrooms.
Car Barn closes at 7pm, and is not open on weekends. White Gravenor, Reiss, and St. Mary's are closed on Sundays. All other buildings close at 11pm.
Classrooms are supposed to be open. If you find a locked door, you can contact Public Safety at 202-687-4343, and they can come open it.
We have computer labs, but they are limited.
Groups (and individuals) that do not have access will be forwarded to the Center for Student Engagement for approval before space can be assigned.
All classrooms have computers and projector screens. There is no TV access in the classrooms. Please check the website for CETS http://cets.georgetown.edu or call 202-687-7491.
Contact CETS at 202-687-7491 or visit their website.
Were you logged into a Gmail account before trying to reserve a classroom? The form doesn't work well if a Gmail account is logged in and then you try to click the link. It works if you are not logged into any email (and will then prompt you to enter your NetID) or it also works if you're logged into a Georgetown email.
Students cannot reserve space during New Student Orientation, final exams, study days, and summer.
One study break may be approved.
You fill out the classroom request form on the website. Once we receive it, a confirmation of receipt is emailed to you. We work on the requests in date order, and will get back to you with an assignment (generally within two business days) as soon as we can. If you have concerns please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 202-687-4020.
If there is someone in the room you are assigned to, please be respectful and show them your room confirmation. You should always bring a copy of the classroom reservation from the Registrar’s Office to your event. If the event is in progress please call the Registrar’s Office at 202-687-4020 or CETS at 202-687-7491. Please let the Registrar’s Office know if this happens so that we can communicate with the group in the room.
The form will be forwarded to the Center for Student Engagement for approval.