- All Students check and correct your address and bio information on MyAccess. Something important: Be sure to enter emergency contact information in MyAccess for the Emergency Alert System.
- Returning students who are fully pre-registered and fully prepaid have completed registration.
- Returning students who are not making course changes but wish to settle their bill, pay on MyAccess or see Student Accounts.
- Returning students who have already registered may add/drop on MyAccess. See registration schedule on the Registrar’s website. See dean/department for academic advice.
- Returning students with registration blocks, see your dean to discuss your course schedule even if you can’t resolve the block during registration.
- New Students who wish to register for courses may register on MyAccess. See registration schedule on the Registrar’s website. See dean/department for academic advice and approval if you have no courses.
- Students with disabilities may go to the Registrar’s Office for registration assistance if needed.
- International students who have not reported visa type to the University go to Office of Global Services (OGS), (210 Car Barn). Bring passport and immigration documents.
- Students with financial blocks go to Student Accounts in White Gravenor.
- Students with immunization block go to Student Primary Care Clinic.
- Veterans: Go to the GU Veterans Office (224 Car Barn) and fill out the appropriate forms for enrollment certification .
- Net ID resets can be done through the UIS Help Desk. If you have not yet received a net ID, see the Registrar.
1. REGISTRATION AUTHORIZATION & MATERIALS (for those who wish to register in person)
Pick up registration material/be sure you are eligible to register:
- International Exchange Students go to OGS Resource Center (210 Car Barn)
- Visiting Credit Non-Degree SCS students go to 640 Mass. Ave. NW. Deadline for submission of forms was Dec. 12.
- New graduate students go to academic departments.
- New undergraduate degree candidates go to your dean’s office.
- Post-Bac-Pre-Med students go to Georgetown College, 108 White Gravenor
- Undergraduate special students go to Registrar’s Office on January 6.
Students who have not been activated in the registration system/ have no registration materials:
- Check at Registrar’s Front Counter in White-Gravenor.
- Readmitted students go to Dean for a Permit to Register and course approval and then to Registrar’s Office.
- New students go to your admissions office for Permit and then to Dean or grad department for course approval.
2. COURSE SELECTION APPROVAL (for those with no courses)
- Check Schedule of Classes from the Registrar’s web site for seats available.
- Have your course selections approved as required. Undergraduates see your dean to remove “Needs Advisement” flag.
- Changes to Academic Program information must be approved by dean.
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Students –
- New students go to your department for course approval and then register on MyAccess, or if you do not have a NetID, go to the Registrar’s Office to register for courses.
- Returning students should register on MyAccess. For questions, go to the Registrar’s Office.
SCS Students –
- BALS students for answers to questions see SCS representative at 640 Mass Ave NW.
- Graduate level SCS students should register through MyAccess.
- Visiting Credit Non-Degree SCS students. Deadline to apply was Dec 12.
- Returning and new Senior Citizen Auditors: See Anne Ridder in 225 ICC.
Undergraduate students in GC, NH, FS, MB who have not started course registration or need help:
GC: Dean’s Office, WGR or ICC MB: 120 Hariri,
Special Students Registrar’s Office NH: STM 207/212
Exchange Students: OIP 210 Car Barn FS: ICC 301
For Consortium Courses: Obtain form from Dean or Registrar, complete form and get required approval signatures (Undergraduates: Dean, Graduates: Acad. Advisor and Graduate Student Services, Car Barn 207 then take to Registrar’s Office.)
3. COURSE REGISTRATION (Registrar’s Office - White Gravenor for in-person help with registration)
- Course registration & submission of corrected address & biographic data. A staff member will attempt to place you in the courses approved by your dean. If you are unable to complete your schedule with approved courses, return to STEP 2.
- If you have prepaid or arranged a payment plan, you are done!
- Accepting or waiving Student Health Insurance is required and can be done through MyAccess or by going to 1420 36th St. NW by January 30.
- For Financial Aid information go to Healy G-19 (under steps to President’s Office).
- To pay, arrange a payment plan or make other corrections to your bill go to Student Accounts.
4. STUDENT ACCOUNTS/CASHIER (White Gravenor)
- Correct Housing charges at that office before going to Student Accounts.
- Correct Board Plan through MyAccess by February 2, 2015.
- Pay your bill, arrange monthly payment plan, or outside billing.
For New ID Cards go to GOCard Office in Darnall Hall G-3.